COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST :: Haynes and Boone, LLP
COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST
The primary role of this non-exempt position is the efficient mining, development, reporting and use of competitive intelligence (CI) data to help drive the firm’s marketing and business development efforts.
• Support business, client, competitive, and market intelligence with complex, on-demand primary and secondary research.
• Conduct analysis and document findings. Develop intelligence reports and briefing documents including data visualization tools and charts as appropriate.
• Support market intelligence and environmental monitoring. Train and assist users in creating and reviewing alerts.
• Support to CRM team with research and record management. Serve as back-up to CRM team on data maintenance tasks.
• Support to experience and knowledge management with research and record management.
• Compile and track CI requests. Work with CI Manager and BD team to demonstrate ROI on CI.
• Monitor for new CI sources. Identify and evaluate potential resource acquisitions. Continued development of CI techniques and best practices.
• Provide training and develop reference materials for BD team on CI resources and techniques.
• Perform other related tasks and projects as assigned or needed.
The Competitive Intelligence Specialist reports directly to the Competitive Intelligence Manager.
Subordinate staff: N/A
One to three years’ experience working as a librarian, researcher and/or analyst strongly preferred. Experience with Lexis, Westlaw, KnowledgeMosaic, atVantage, PACER or similar
preferred. Proficiency with free government and open source resources, business and corporate directories, finance and securities data, and litigation searches required. Experience working with law firm software is preferred (including LexisNexis InterAction, Hubbard Experience Manager, DeskSite, intranet/portal technologies, and knowledge management tools (CMS, DMS).) Experience in the administration of database technologies a plus. Data visualization skills and experience with Adobe InDesign or similar desktop publishing software a plus.
Superior MS Office skills (especially with MS Excel) are required. Individual must be organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, professional environment. Additionally, superior research and analytical skills are required. Strong data manipulation, computer and information management skills, including knowledge of databases and database administration. This self-motivated individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and must be able to effectively prioritize work and meet hard deadlines. The ability to work both independently with limited supervision, as well as a part of a team is a must. The ability to work with many different types of personalities at all levels of organization is a must.
A four-year degree, from an accredited university, with a course of study in library or information sciences (MLS or MLIS) strongly preferred. Combination of education in a research-intensive field with relevant work experience will be considered.
Must be able to move around the office up to 15% of the time to make copies, fax, file, etc; Remains stationary at least 85% of the time. This position operates computers and other office productivity machines (e.g., fax machine, copier, printer, etc) on a regular basis.); Use of software requires accurate identification of colors frequently. Occasionally required to move documents or files weighing up to 15 lbs; This position requires constant communication and exchange of information with the Firm attorneys, clients and staff; This position must be able to inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time.
Office Environment; Occasional overtime may be required.
Send your resume to:
Human Resources Generalist