Senior Research Analyst
Senior Research Analyst
This position reports directly to the Director of Knowledge Resources and is primarily responsible for conducting research and training for the practice groups, attorneys, paralegals and staff at Bracewell.
This position can reside in our Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, New York, DC or Seattle offices.
This position reports to the Director of Knowledge Resources in Dallas, Texas.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Performs in-depth, on-demand legal, business, financial and market research through the
utilization of print and online resources
• Compiles and maintain practice specific Pathfinders to assist others in locating available research
• Coordinates training sessions, develop training materials, and provide instruction on various
research-related topics and strategies
• Works with practice group leaders to develop the best collection of resources in print and online
• Develops current awareness materials for distribution to attorneys / clients
• Develops content on the firm’s intranet
• Monitors for new research and competitive intelligence resources
• Performs data entry for client billing
• Other duties as assigned or needed
Knowledge / Experience / Skills Required:
Undergraduate college degree and JD from an ABA accredited law school or Masters in
• At least five (5) years of law firm legal research experience
• Highly proficient in searching a variety of databases including, but not limited to WestlawNext,
Lexis Advance, Practical Law, Intelligize, Courtlink, Pacer, HeinOnline, BloombergLaw, CCH
Intelliconnect, MonitorSuite, Hoovers, etc.
• Experience using automated library systems; SydneyPlus experience preferred
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong technology and database administration skills
• Strong work ethic and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as part of a virtual team
• Ability to develop strong internal relationships to market and improve services
• SharePoint experience a plus
Interested candidates, please send responses to Natalie Lira – Natalie.Lira@bracewelllaw.com.