Manager of Library Services
Manager of Library Services Texas – Dallas
Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
Gardere is seeking a Manager of Library Services. The position will be responsible for managing Library Services for four office locations. Candidate must have a progressive approach to Library Science, demonstrate initiative, and work well independently. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of library services, including research, business and reference services, training and instruction of efficient research techniques, compiling and tracking legislative developments, managing technical services, budget management, and fostering and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Perform a wide variety of legal and non-legal research projects for lawyers, clients, and staff.
- Regularly conduct client development research as a part of the Library & Research Services team.
- Explain and assist in use of reference sources; provide group and individual instruction on research techniques (manual and computer).
- Library planning, acquisitions, annual reporting, budget preparation and library account/invoice reconciliation and processing.
- Participate in enhancing library/Firm technologies and identify collection strengths and weaknesses; target titles for cancellation; interface with attorneys.
- Responsible for all research/reference operations.
- Supervise personnel in all locations.
- Negotiate contracts and license agreements with service providers.
- Establish annual objectives and priorities and communicate same to staff.
- Develop and revise library policies.
- Organize, outline and conduct training as needed.
- Manage a significant budget.
- Maintain library’s intranet content.
- Maintain and revise firm’s disaster recovery plan for library and research operations as needed and engage in discussions.
- Proficiency in use of EOS library management tool.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Strong research and database skills, including proficiency in utilizing Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg/BNA, CCH IntelliConnect to name a few.
- Library cataloging skills.
- Fundamental understanding of library concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Law firm experience required minimum 5 years.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Gardere is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to gHR@gardere.com.