U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit Library Seeks a Beaumont Satellite Librarian
Job Announcement 2017-1 USCA5LIB
Position: Beaumont Satellite Librarian
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary Range: Court Personnel System Classification CL27/28
Full annual salary range: $48,170 – $93,831, depending on experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Applications will be considered as soon as received, and will continue to be considered until the position is filled.
Location: Beaumont, TX
– Uses print and electronic resources, performs legal, non-legal research and reference services for judges and their staff, and other court personnel in the service area.
– Provides education and training to court staff onWestlaw, Lexis, Hein Online, and other research resources.
– Develops training materials, research guides, and library promotional materials.
– Works as a team member in coordinating services with other Fifth Circuit libraries.
– Assists with collection development, acquisitions, and inventory control activities for the Beaumont satellite library and service area.
– Utilizes integrated library system to manage acquisitions, performs serial control and prepares management reports.
– Performs interlibrary loan transactions for court personnel.
– The librarian travels to federal courthouses throughout the Eastern District of Texas to manage local library collections.
– Other duties and projects as assigned.
– M.L.S. degree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited library school.
– Minimum of one year of law library experience.
– Ability to work as a solo librarian. This position will be a mix of reference and technical service duties.
– Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills.
– Ability to travel as needed.
– Ability to handle occasional moderate to heavy physical activity.
– Applicant must be a United States citizen or eligible to work for the federal government.
– Two years of law library experience.
– Demonstrated skills in reference and legal research using print and electronic resources.
– Aptitude for performing functions requiring a high degree of accuracy and careful attention to detail.
– Experience with an Integrated Library System. (SIRSI knowledge a plus)
– Practical experience with technical services, including acquisitions, serial control, and collection development.
– Skill in the development of web-based and other electronic information delivery services.
– Experience working with people at all levels; effective oral and written communication skills.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
(email submission is preferred – as a single PDF only)
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit Library
Attn: Sue Creech, Circuit Librarian
600 Camp Street, Room 106
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
• 13 days paid annual leave per year for the first three years of service.
• 20 days paid annual leave per year after three years of service.
• 26 days paid annual leave per year after 15 years of service.
• 13 days paid sick leave accrued per year.
• 10 paid holidays per year.
• Choice of medical, dental, and vision coverage from a wide variety of plans.
• Life, long-term disability, and long-term care insurance options.
• Participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
• Participation in the Thrift Savings Plan (similar to 401k, with matching $).
• Pre-tax flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent care).
• Transit/Parking subsidy (subject to the availability of funds).