Locke Lord seeks a Reference Librarian in Dallas
Reference Librarian (Dallas)
Locke Lord LLP has an immediate opening for a Reference Librarian in our Dallas office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides reference and special research services to attorneys, paralegals, summer associates, other professionals and staff in all offices
- Performs library research services including current awareness in legal, business, and other disciplines utilizing print and electronic resources for firm and client matters. Provides summary reports and analysis of research when appropriate
- Works with Locke Lord LLP’s Global Reference Team to ensure all reference requests are filled in an accurate and timely manner
- Participates in the Information Services Training Team in the planning, development, and standardization of programs for continuing education and for new hires
- Conducts in-person and remote training programs for large and small group
- Trains and orients newly hired attorneys and other professional staff in assigned offices to the services and resources offered in the Information Services department
- Provides needs-based and planned training to attorneys and staff and arranges vendor training as needed
- Designs and maintains the Information Services Intranet and team pages in SharePoint
- Follows and implements the marketing strategies developed by the Information Services team to promote the department’s services and resources
- Keeps abreast of new features and technologies as these changes affect legal research
- Plans and participates in staff development sessions related to reference sources and developments in information technology
- Maintains a national network of peer contacts through membership in professional associations in order to ensure quick retrieval of hard-to-find information
- Utilizes professional training and knowledge to assist the Technical Services & Library Manager with collection development recommendations
- Bills time for research and other work associated with active client matters
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Masters Degree in Library or Information Science from an American Library Association Accredited program
- 1+ years of experience in a legal or business library
- Excellent computer research skills
- Efficiency and depth of knowledge in using standard legal and business print and electronic resources such as Lexis, , etc preferredWestlaw
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training to attorneys and staff
- Experience in applying information architecture concepts to create and edit webpages
- Experience with SharePoint a plus
- Strong and proven written and oral communication skills, including public speaking skills to give presentations to large and small groups
- Knowledge of copyright laws and copyright as it applies to libraries a plus
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach.
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel – Little to no travel is expected for this position.