Thompson & Knight seeks a Research Librarian in Dallas
Position Title: Research Librarian
Apply here: TKLaw Careers
Position Overview: The Dallas office is seeking a Research Librarian to provide expert research and reference assistance in support of legal and administrative departments throughout the Firm. The Librarian will assist in regular outreach to the practice groups by providing support, and informational updates in the areas of print and electronic research and works with Manager of Library Services on library department initiatives and projects.
• Provides reference and special research services to attorneys, paralegals, summer associates, other professionals and staff.
• Bills research time to client/matters as appropriate.
• Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in primary database usage, search strategy and syntax, and licensing restrictions.
• Maintains expert working knowledge of the library collections, online database resources, interlibrary loan availability, document delivery, and other resources as appropriate.
• Assists Manager of Library Services with evaluation and review of new electronic resources and makes recommendations.
• Updates and maintains the library page on the Firm intranet site. Works with Manager of Library Services to support the development and maintenance of intranet reference collection.
• Assists in the development of new research and reference offerings and outreach, including but not limited to, bulletins, newsletters, department and practice group presentations, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Library Services.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Library, Information Science or J.D preferred. A minimum of 3 years of reference and research experience required. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Efficiency and depth of knowledge in using standard legal print and electronic resources such as Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, etc. Experience in creating and editing webpages. Experience in SharePoint, a plus. Strong written and oral communication skills.
Requires regular and predictable attendance during the assigned work schedule. Flexibility to work overtime as necessary and to be on-call during non-working hours. Our commitment to serving clients is reflected in our commitment to our employees. In addition to offering competitive salaries, the Firm provides an excellent benefits package. Selected 14 consecutive years as one of the Best Places to Work in Dallas! Thompson & Knight LLP is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.