The Dallas office of Munsch Hardt Kopf and Harr, P.C. is seeking a full-time Assistant Librarian.
Requirements include a MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited library school, working knowledge of legal reference sources, online cataloging and serial control, ability to understand and perform legal research, knowledge of print and non-print legal resources, as well as experience using a variety of legal and non-legal databases.
Prior experience in a legal library with library automation software is a plus, along with experience with Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, BNA electronic libraries. The ideal candidate must be motivated, detail-oriented, with self-starting qualities, and possess the ability to adapt to an evolving legal information services environment. Must be able to work autonomously, as well as in a team environment.
Further information may be found at: http://www.munsch.com/careers/staff-paralegals
Morgan Lewis & Bockius has an opening for a research librarian in Houston. The position may also be staffed in Chicago or Washington DC. For details, including how to apply, click on the link below.
Candice C. Kennington, MLIS
ANDREWS KURTH KENYON LLP
600 Travis Street, Suite 4200 | Houston, Texas 77002
+1.713.220.4083 Phone | +1.713.220.4285 Fax
email| andrewskurthkenyon.com | Twitter
Holland & Knight is a global law firm with more than 1,200 lawyers and other professionals in 27 offices throughout the world. Our lawyers provide representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. Interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams provide clients with access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.
Holland & Knight is seeking a Library Manager for the West Coast region to be based in our Dallas, Texas or Los Angeles, California office. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of library services for the region, including legal and business research, training and instruction of efficient research techniques and budget management. The librarian is expected to perform outreach, as well as be comfortable with emerging technologies and is responsible for improving access to online databases and Internet resources and providing training for such resources. This role requires candidates to have a progressive approach to Library Science, demonstrate initiative and work as part of a collaborative team on library-wide issues and projects. EOE, AA, M/F/D/V
- Perform a wide variety of legal and non-legal research projects for lawyers, clients, and staff in multiple offices
- Regularly conduct client development research as a part of the Library & Research Services team
- Explain and assist in use of reference sources; provide group and individual instruction on research techniques
- Administer the library to ensure the resources are easy to use and accessible
- Process invoices for payment and monitor expenditures against budget targets
- Receive and route library serials, both in print and online forms
- Identify collection strengths and weaknesses; target titles for cancellation; interface with attorneys to align collection with current and future needs
- Coordinate activities with research services team as well as participating in enhancing research services/firm technologies
- Provide and implement current awareness services
- Provide library orientation and training in print and electronic resources to attorneys and other professional staff
- Record and report research projects and time spent utilizing firm billing software and reference request database
- Commitment to strong service values with an ability to exhibit sound professional judgment, discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to supervise third-party filing service contractors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Fundamental understanding of legal concepts
- Expert research and database skills, including proficiency with Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg/BNA, CCH IntelliConnect/Cheetah, HeinOnline and others
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school
- 3-5 years of law library experience required, preferably in a law firm setting
- Intermediate MS Office, particularly Excel
• Experience with fast-paced environment while balancing multiple projects simultaneously
Mica Johnson | Holland & Knight
Senior Business Intelligence & Library Manager
Holland & Knight LLP
524 Grand Regency Blvd | Brandon, FL 33510
Phone 813.901.4160 | Fax 813.901.4398
email@example.com | www.hklaw.com
Manager of Library Services Texas – Dallas
Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
Gardere is seeking a Manager of Library Services. The position will be responsible for managing Library Services for four office locations. Candidate must have a progressive approach to Library Science, demonstrate initiative, and work well independently. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of library services, including research, business and reference services, training and instruction of efficient research techniques, compiling and tracking legislative developments, managing technical services, budget management, and fostering and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Perform a wide variety of legal and non-legal research projects for lawyers, clients, and staff.
- Regularly conduct client development research as a part of the Library & Research Services team.
- Explain and assist in use of reference sources; provide group and individual instruction on research techniques (manual and computer).
- Library planning, acquisitions, annual reporting, budget preparation and library account/invoice reconciliation and processing.
- Participate in enhancing library/Firm technologies and identify collection strengths and weaknesses; target titles for cancellation; interface with attorneys.
- Responsible for all research/reference operations.
- Supervise personnel in all locations.
- Negotiate contracts and license agreements with service providers.
- Establish annual objectives and priorities and communicate same to staff.
- Develop and revise library policies.
- Organize, outline and conduct training as needed.
- Manage a significant budget.
- Maintain library’s intranet content.
- Maintain and revise firm’s disaster recovery plan for library and research operations as needed and engage in discussions.
- Proficiency in use of EOS library management tool.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Strong research and database skills, including proficiency in utilizing Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg/BNA, CCH IntelliConnect to name a few.
- Library cataloging skills.
- Fundamental understanding of library concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Law firm experience required minimum 5 years.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Gardere is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to gHR@gardere.com.