Title: Assistant Librarian
- Maintain library catalog for print and digital collections in US-based offices;
- Conduct periodic audits of the firm’s collection;
- Review/process invoices and document library expenses;
- Maintain individual resource allocations for attorneys (firm or expense account charges, practice groups, etc.);
- Maintain passwords database;
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Library Services and Technical Services Librarian as necessary;
- Assist the Library Director with special projects;
- Respond to research requests as needed;
- Develop and share new research strategies and best practices;
- Participate in New Hire Orientation and promote library services;
- Encourage the use of library resources through training and outreach activities;Keep current with changes and developments in legal information resources;
- Maintain cooperative relationships with academic, business, scientific, and law firm libraries to assist in the acquisition of information as requested by attorneys;
- Evaluate products, plan product demos and trials, roll out new products to applicable teams, and evaluate usage of resources;
- Serve as a point-of-contact for vendors;
- Supervise out-sourced library filing service and/or interns.
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Master of Library Sciences preferred) and a minimum of one year of prior law library research experience.
- Strong skills using library automation software (EOSI) and other storage systems (e.g. SharePoint, MS Access).
- Proficiency with research databases including Westlaw Next, Practical Law, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law, Cheetah, PACER and HeinOnline is required.
- The position also requires the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, strong organizational and time management skills, a strong customer service orientation, a demonstrated interest in personal professional development, and the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Qualified candidates must be able to complete research projects independently. The ability to work with other firm librarians as a member of our library team is also required.
- The ideal candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented. He/she will demonstrate excellent research skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
Gardere is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to gHR@gardere.com.